Wordspinning

Friday, June 30, 2006

Serializing the process of publication...

I'm working on getting my novel published now... it's sitting at the Milkweed Press "unsolicited manuscript" desk where it will hopefully be positively received.

I am taking a class at the Loft Literary Center on the business side of publishing so I don't do really foolish things with the manuscript. I'm assured that Milkweed is a safe place for the thing, but beyond that I'm not willing to drown the publishing world with copies of my manuscript.

I realized that I haven't posted anything here for a really really long time.

I've decided to post some of the sections of the novel to give folks a pre-press peek at what I've been up to for the past year.

I posted earlier versions of the intro. Here's how it stands in the current version...