Wordspinning

Friday, April 20, 2007

Owen's stories

Owen converses with his grandma and George, a visitor from China.

Owen: My mom is a vegetarian, but she eats meat.

Grandma: Fish.

Owen: My dad is a vegetarian, and he doesn't eat any meat. And George, I'm an omnivore."

George: Does that mean you eat everything?

Owen: Yes.

George: (to my mom) How do you spell that?"

Owen: O-M-N-A-V-O-R... (so not QUITE right, but passable for a four-year-old

Grandma: And it has a silent letter...

Owen: E! George, that's because it used to be pronounced Omnivorey."

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Wow! When my son was four, he couldn't identify the letters in his own name, much less come that close to a word like omnivore. Of course, it didn't help that we named him Christopher!

7:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home